Domain name registration and website hosting packages at affordable rates since 1997.
February 23, 2019 11:20

You are browsing the archive for Uncategorized.

The cobbler and the internet

How do we get more small businesses to have their own website? Yesterday I dropped off some of my wife’s shoes at a shoe repair store in Austin. I also brought a pair of my shoes to get new laces and shined. While the cobbler worked on my shoes, I noticed that the shelves were […]

Read more

5th year anniversary goes off with a whimper. What’s next for new GTLDs

After launching in April 2014, 2years later registrations had shot up to over 20 million. Move on another 3 years to February 2019 and that growth has stalled to zero. The 5th anniversary was met with no fanfare, no proclamations of .com being resigned to the dustbin, like AM radio, which in hindsight looks silly. […]

Read more

How a Whois check could have halted a scam

Victims failed to notice the registration date of the domain name used to initiate the scam. Note the recent creation date on this domain used in a scam. A Wendi Deng Murdoch imposter tricked photographers into paying for flights to and photography permits in Indonesia, and a more thorough Whois lookup could have saved the […]

Read more

Domain King Announces New Blog!!

Morning Folks!! You get to a destination one step at a time. Your history of blogging comes one blog post at a time. It’s the accumulation of both that adds up to something or brings you to a planned or unplanned destination. Below are my original thoughts before I ever made my first blog post. […]

Read more

“When the Facts Change My Opinion Changes. What do You do Sir?”

Morning Folks!! I wake up EVERY day and “Recalibrate”. That’s my #1 job and that is where opportunity is. As individual entreprenuers our greatest strength is our agility. Our ability to act quickly and desicively. But that only works if you are open to new information. New information is ANYTHING that changes whatsoever. The smallest […]

Read more

Domainers Will FAIL Trying to Copy My Success! Different Time, Different Recipe. Different Demand.

Morning Folks!! The single biggest mistake domainers seem to make is over estimating the size of a market and the percentage of that market they can attract. Case in point in just a moment. What REALLLLLY blows me away and also bothers me personally is so many are trying to copy what I did and […]

Read more

My First Ever Review of all Top 10 New GTLD’s. PLUS The List of 350++ New GTLD extensions that will go BYE BYE!! The Birdie in the Mine is DEAD!!

Morning Folks! The top 10 new GTLD’s control 55% of all the registrations. Leaving the other 45% to split among more than 500 others. Do you realize how bad that is? Honestly, do you?? It gets worse when you consider how useless these top 10 extensions are. And they are all bleeding unless they have […]

Read more

Mixing it up with Smart People or Arguing with the Dumb.

Morning Folks!! I love mixing it up and arguing an interesting point with someone smart. They may bring up points I never thought of and hopefully I do the same for my arguing partner. Maybe “Argue” is the wrong word. But that’s what you do in a courtroom. You argue your points. You may even […]

Read more

Privacy and/or No Whois is costing Domain Owners Privacy and/or No Whois is costing Domain Owners Money but it’s Making BROKERS & Registrars Money! DUMB!!!

Morning Folks!! I wrote about whois and privacy just last week. How DUMB can domainers possibly be?? I mean really?? I don’t get it! Whether it is privacy or all your domains are no longer public it’s YOUR choice. I can’t even think of anything dumber a domainer can do. If your info is not […]

Read more

Defining a Truly GREAT Domain Name. Rick’s 5 Minute Guide!

Morning Folks!! When it comes to my outlook on the value of a great domain, few have stuck to their guns like I have over the years. But there are reasons for that far outside the goal lines of domaining. That’s just the surface to me. Buy let’s drill a bit. There are certain domains […]

Read more