Domain name registration and website hosting packages at affordable rates since 1997.
September 25, 2017 13:33

You are browsing the archive for donuts.

Hammock swings from Rightside to MarkMonitor

Statton Hammock has joined brand protection registrar MarkMonitor as its new vice president of global policy and industry development. He was most recently VP of business and legal affairs at Rightside, the portfolio gTLD registry that got acquired by Donuts in July. He spent four years there. The new gig sounds like a broad brief. […]

Read more

Donuts files opening brief in .Web appeal

Company believes covenant not to sue is invalid. New top level domain name company Donuts, through its company Ruby Glen, LLC, filed its opening brief (pdf) last week in an appeal over the .web domain name. Donuts was one of the applicants for the .web domain name. Nu Dot Co won the auction for $135 million […]

Read more

MMX: three gTLDs approved for sale in Beijing

Three foreign new gTLDs have been approved for sale and resolution in Chinese capital Beijing, according to MMX. The portfolio registry said today that its .vip is among the first to receive approval from the Beijing Communications Administration, one of China’s many regional authorities. According to MMX, while many gTLDs have managed to pass through […]

Read more

Takeaways from Donuts’ new website

Matt Overman and Matt Delgado join Donuts. Donuts has updated its website after acquiring Rightside (it looks like they mostly ported Rightside’s site), and there are a couple interesting things to note. First of all, Matt Overman and Matt Delgado have made the move to Donuts. Overman is the Senior Vice President of Sales and […]

Read more

Flippa domains : It’s time to buy a.pizza

Pizza is one of the world’s staple foods, and there’s a pizza for everyone. Whether you are a vegetarian or a meat lover, getting a pizza custom made to your exact flavor preference is not rocket science. Coincidentally, the domain a.pizza is now available to eat acquire on Flippa, and yes – it’s a one […]

Read more

Huge changes at Name.com after Rightside merger with Donuts

The finalization of the Rightside – Donuts Inc. acquisition deal is now complete, and Name.com, will soon face huge changes. Gone are the days where Taco Friday runs would take Name.com uber guy, Jared Ewy, to the edge of his wits: “Man, I’m gonna miss this type of activity at lunch time. We were free, […]

Read more

EFF recommends against new gTLDs

The Electronic Frontier Foundation has recommended that domain registrants concerned about intellectual property “bullies” steer clear of new gTLDs. The view is expressed in a new EFF report today that is particularly critical of policies in place at new gTLD portfolio registries Donuts and Radix. The report (pdf) also expresses strong support for .onion, the […]

Read more

Donuts to complete Rightside acquisition tonight

Donuts is on the verge of closing its acquisition of coopetitor Rightside, after the vast majority of Rightside shareholders agreed to sell up. Rightside just disclosed that owners of 92% of its shares — 17,740,054 shares — have agreed to sell at Donuts’ offer price of $10.60 per share. That means the remaining 8% of […]

Read more

ICANN gives the nod to Donuts-Rightside merger

ICANN has given its consent to the acquisition of Rightside by rival new gTLD registry Donuts, according to the companies. The nod means that one barrier to the $213 million deal has been lifted. Rightside, which is listed on Nasdaq, still needs the majority of its shareholders to agree to the deal and to satisfy […]

Read more

In Review: June in the domain industry

Big geos and a big acquisition lead last month’s news. It’s time to take a quick look back at the top stories and podcasts on Domain Name Wire over the past month. Here are the top five stories ranked by pageviews: 1. Skip Hoagland puts domain portfolio up for sale including Cuba.com and Atlanta.com – […]

Read more